No announcement yet.

Brayden Point Extended, 8 years at $9.5M AAV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did someone come charging into this thread to gas up the Panthers when no one had been talking about them before?

Comment

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
      And no, they didn't give us a tougher time than the Islanders. That's laughable. Not backed by anything other than #1 Bullshit. The Florida series was 1 goal away from being a sweep. The Islanders took us the distance, and was the only team in 2 years to do so.
      While I absolutely love your ire, the Final was played against MTL not NYI.

Comment

Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
        While I absolutely love your ire, the Final was played against MTL not NYI.
        Not sure what you are referring to. Our series against the Islanders was the only one in 2 years that went 7 games, which is what I meant by the distance.
        Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Hes referring to the OP’s second post that said “They gave us a tougher first round matchup than what we had in the Final.”

You incorrectly took that to mean NYI when it seems he meant MTL. But do go on wit yo bad self …

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post

I'm gonna go ahead and be dead asleep on the Panthers. They haven't been legit in over two decades. I'll respect that trash franchise once they give me a reason to. Which they haven't. I think it's more likely that they wreck Knight than he solves their goaltending problems. Problems which they wouldn't have if their GM knew what he was doing.
          I’m in full agreement here, DB. Look at Philly and Carter Hart, although to be fair Florida should have a more competent team D. I just think it’s madness to coronate a greenhorn based on two good playoff appearances. That’s a classic mistake bad franchises make.

“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Ah gotcha. I misread that as saying Florida was our toughest matchup in the tournament, not just the finals. But whatever, being a tougher out than Montreal, but not an actually tough out, isn't waking me up. Still dead asleep on that trash franchise.
            Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

The 2021 NYI series was far and away the toughest series of all eight from the last two playoff runs.

The 2021 FLA series might rank somewhere in the middle, and that's only because Florida plays a sport that only somewhat resembles hockey, and the Bolts had to figure out how to adjust to the mind-screw.

I'll be worried about the Panthers when they can get through a playoff series without requiring three goaltenders.

Comment

Back to Point's deal , it'll be, and is, crazy money being thrown at the likes of Werenski, Hamilton, Hughes, Jones, Dahlin etc etc. Which makes 21's contract all the more reasonable (some might say a steal) for the talent provided. And a little OT, but look at the value JBB is getting for $$ spent on Bogo, Perry and Bellemare..it borders on Jedi-like. I REALLY like those three additions.
                "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Taking full advantage of the whole “destination franchise” thing. JBB said their agents called him.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                    Taking full advantage of the whole “destination franchise” thing. JBB said their agents called him.
                    Yup. And Perry said as much on PHT.. Here's a guy with a Cup ring and he wants another one. Gotta like the drive..
                    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

Working...
                    X