Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brayden Point Extended, 8 years at $9.5M AAV

https://twitter.com/TBLightning/stat...70014772187136

Point's new 8-year contract kicks in next offseason.

Absolutely LOVE Brayden, but thats a lot of money for a long time. I just hope he can stay healthy...

Comment

I was hoping for less but that seems appropriate if not an outright steal
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Exact same contract as Kucherov and Vasi, very nice.

Point just turned 25 a couple weeks ago. I would say there’s a very low chance of this contract becoming an albatross
        Last edited by TexasBolt; 07-28-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Can't complain about having such a core member locked up for the max term. If he gets injured it will hurt no matter what he's signed for.

Comment

That will look like a fantastic contract in 3-4 years when th cap climbs. Clutch player.
            Bolts72

Comment

Elite player. Glad he got paid. Getting his due leaguewide. Looked really content in his signing photo with JBB.
              “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Oh, the bellyaching about Florida income taxes being an unfair advantage against Canadian teams was such a treat once this signing was announced.

Comment

Which is weird, because Seattle, Vegas, Dallas, Nashville, Florida have those same advantages, without the success.
                  Maybe it isn't the tax breaks that are an advantage?
                  Maybe it's playing for a legit class organization that is the best in the league with the best owner in the league, one of the best GMs, one of the best coaches, and the best roster in the game?
                  Maybe that has more to do with it?

Nah, it's probably taxes that is the reason why Toronto overpaid for their players, Montreal shredded their reputation, there is an on-going knife fight for shittiest franchise between Buffalo, Arizona, Ottawa, Carolina, Florida and Edmonton; Colorado turtles when the games are for real, and every other team has a short bus GM that thinks paying PK Subban, Seth Jones or Dougie Hamilton 9M a year is a good idea. But tell me more about this tax advantage we have.
                  Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

I wouldn't sleep on Florida, they have a GM now that knows what he is doing and they are going to be very good, very soon if Spencer Knight solves their goaltending problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                      I wouldn't sleep on Florida, they have a GM now that knows what he is doing and they are going to be very good, very soon if Spencer Knight solves their goaltending problems.
                      I'm gonna go ahead and be dead asleep on the Panthers. They haven't been legit in over two decades. I'll respect that trash franchise once they give me a reason to. Which they haven't. I think it's more likely that they wreck Knight than he solves their goaltending problems. Problems which they wouldn't have if their GM knew what he was doing.

Comment

It was Tallon who signed Bob, not the current GM Zito. Look I would also like to see them stay trash forever but you have to respect what they are building. They gave us a tougher first round matchup than what we had in the Final. That was without Eckblad and also we now have lost some key guys.

Comment

It's almost as if a competent GM would have figured a way out of that shit contract.
                          You can pump Zito and Florida's tires all you want, I'll be over here sleeping.

Oh, I forgot, their coach most likely ignored sexual abuse on his team when he was in Chicago. So fuck him too. Fuck that trash organization, it's clowns all the way down from Vinny "I swear I'm not a mobster" Viola. That trash organization deserves nothing but contempt, so that's all I'll give them.

And no, I don't have to respect what they are doing. Because they don't deserve respect.

You are gonna sweat Ekblad? Dude would be our 5th best defenseman if he was on our team. That's as crazy as telling me Mackenzie Weegar is a legit top pair defenseman (hint: in our org he would be. In Syracuse.)

Yes, we lost our 3rd line. Our D is better, we didn't touch our top 2 lines, our 4th is arguably better, and we have the best Goalie in the world by a country mile.

And no, they didn't give us a tougher time than the Islanders. That's laughable. Not backed by anything other than #1 Bullshit. The Florida series was 1 goal away from being a sweep. The Islanders took us the distance, and was the only team in 2 years to do so.

If you need me, I'll be over here snoring.
                          Last edited by dannybolt; 07-30-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Ok bro, lol

Comment

The Panturds should make the playoffs again. They're good enough for that. I question whether their system and backend have enough to win a playoff series. They were quite fortunate to win Game 3 in OT against us. They drop that one and they're down 3-0 and we're probably not even talking about how they were a tough out right now. But anyway, playing that wide open, barn burning, cherry picking style against teams like the Canes and Isles most likely loses you those series as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X