Tyler Johnson Traded to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Johnson Traded to Chicago

Chicago gets Tyler Johnson and a 2nd round pick in 2023.

Tampa Bay gets Brent Seabrook, who is on LTIR and carries a $6,875,000 cap hit for the next three seasons.

No salary retained on either side.

Chicago was on TJ's pre-approved list of destinations.

Comment

I wonder if Julien BriseBois enjoys waking up every morning knowing that most of his GM colleagues are idiots.

Comment

I would add that this means the Lightning will want to spend as close to the $81,500,000 figure because they won't be accumulating cap space during the season since we will be on LTIR.

Comment

A reminder ... a blast from the past ...

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
            I would add that this means the Lightning will want to spend as close to the $81,500,000 figure because they won't be accumulating cap space during the season since we will be on LTIR.
            Good point, may be active tomorrow
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

BriseBois just unbelievable. Still think he will be conservative tomorrow but you just don’t know. Timing again right on que.
              Bolts72

Comment

Chicago GM Stan Bowman had the following statement about his newest acquisition:
                Tyler Johnson adds a large amount of skill and depth to our offense. His versatility across the lineup, two-way play and championship experience throughout his career make our lineup stronger. We look forward to watching the immediate impact he will have on our team.

Comment

TJ left a legacy here. His best days may have been behind him, but he certainly rediscovered his game in the last Cup run. Very satisfying final chapter of his Lightning career … and one that help make him tradeable again.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Johnson was my favorite player for quite a while before Vasi supplanted him. Glad he was able to win two cups with us! Thanks for everything, Tyler, especially that magical run in 2015!

Comment

I probably revisit this video once a month. Good luck in Chicago and hope you’re enjoying your day with the Cup today.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                        I wonder if Julien BriseBois enjoys waking up every morning knowing that most of his GM colleagues are idiots.
                        Chicago got a top 9 player, a second round pick, saved $1.8 million in real cash and gave up nothing. I don’t think they were idiots.
                        “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Working...
                        X