X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckhead
    replied
    Oh yeah. Trading barbs is unusual, but highly entertaining. Like he and Whitney in the vodka spots.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
    Kinda "joking" I guess, but look no further than Biss comment, quote: "I think I'll just sit back in my chair" ...The panel's reaction (Carter/Liam) told the story...They both basically said "busted"...
    It's hockey lockeroom "busting balls", minus the lockeroom.
    Gotcha. I like Biss a lot and hope he sticks around

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Kinda "joking" I guess, but look no further than Biss comment, quote: "I think I'll just sit back in my chair" ...The panel's reaction (Carter/Liam) told the story...They both basically said "busted"...
    It's hockey lockeroom "busting balls", minus the lockeroom.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Puckhead View Post
    Pretty funny: B's/Flyers game: 99 calls out Bissonnette for his comment that the only thing Gretz "touched" in offseason was the "bottom of the pool". 99 Says they played Canada Cup thru the summer so that Biss could make the $$ they were accustomed to. Biss sat back in his chair. Appropriately dusted. If I'm Paul Bissonnete, the LAST thing I do is call out 99 on national TV.
    I don't know how serious this exchange was, but Bissonnete is known for being a goofball so it's possible they were joking around?

Leave a comment:

• Puckhead
    replied
    Pretty funny: B's/Flyers game: 99 calls out Bissonnette for his comment that the only thing Gretz "touched" in offseason was the "bottom of the pool". 99 Says they played Canada Cup thru the summer so that Biss could make the $$ they were accustomed to. Biss sat back in his chair. Appropriately dusted. If I'm Paul Bissonnete, the LAST thing I do is call out 99 on national TV.

Leave a comment:

• dmaxf9
    replied
    Evander Kane suspended 21 games for violating NHL COVID-19 protocol.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Originally posted by jdhebner View Post

The human brain is an organ just like any other in the body. We understand it less that all other organs. It takes weeks/months to get thyroid and/or diabetes medication set correctly. The brain is just the same except it takes longer. Would this have been treated differently if it was a thyroid issue?

note: it took about 1.5 years to get my anxiety to a point where it didn’t control my every conscious moment.
    Thanks for sharing, jdh. I suffered with anxiety myself. Got better gradually as I got older and stopped giving a fuck about anything and everything except for my inner circle. Therapy and medication can be a lifesaver for many. We are living in the most anxiety-producing time in history. And people should talk about mental health as much as physical health, IMO

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Very cool for TJ. I hope he kicks ass. I wonder if it’ll be a shrimp line with DiBrincat or if they’ll kick him to the second line with, who? Toews?

Leave a comment:

• dmaxf9
    replied
    Tyler Johnson to be center for Patrick Kane.

Leave a comment:

• jdhebner
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    It’s not always that simple. Some poor souls really struggle to find the right medication, and it can be real hard getting on and off of them. Anxiety and insomnia can be major health problems for some. He said he’s been suffering for years, and despite that he’s a dynamic talent at the highest level. Imagine if he gets it treated effectively. I hope he does, just so we can see his full potential.
    The human brain is an organ just like any other in the body. We understand it less that all other organs. It takes weeks/months to get thyroid and/or diabetes medication set correctly. The brain is just the same except it takes longer. Would this have been treated differently if it was a thyroid issue?

note: it took about 1.5 years to get my anxiety to a point where it didn’t control my every conscious moment.

Leave a comment:

• TexasBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    Torts should go full Roy Kent (for anyone who watches Ted Lasso). It’d be fucking brilliant!
    An uncensored studio show on ESPN+ would be absolutely tremendous.

Leave a comment:

• Bolthed
    replied
    Torts should go full Roy Kent (for anyone who watches Ted Lasso). It’d be fucking brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• aapbolt
    replied
    I think Torts will be much better than Smelrose, he knows more about the game and the players. Only thing is ESPN better have their beeper ready in case Torts loses it, which might bring in more viewers.

Leave a comment:

• RSchmitz
    replied
    Yeah I am not marginalizing anxiety and insomnia, I think basically everybody suffers from it to some extent, with some worse than others. That is why I think if he had to take an a leave of absence in the middle of the season it had to be an extreme case, the vast majority of people get a pat on the head, given medication, and grind forward

Leave a comment:

• TexasBolt
    replied
    I hope Drouin plays great 78 times a year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X