This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
    I get the feeling that going 4/4 is a sign that a deal wasn't made. If you made a deal to take Johnson, the bolts could of just went 7/3 knowing that McDonagh wasn't going to be selected.
    I doubt Seattle would agree to a trade until every team's list has been released to see what they are working with.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

I get the feeling that going 4/4 is a sign that a deal wasn't made. If you made a deal to take Johnson, the bolts could of just went 7/3 knowing that McDonagh wasn't going to be selected.
      If we made a deal, wouldn't it not matter at all what alignment we chose?

The only downside of them picking Foote is it doesn't really help us with the cap, lol.

Comment

• Frank Seravalli had some interesting notes about the bolts during his podcast today talking about the expansion draft:

1. He believes that Seattle is more likely to take someone like Mathieu Joseph than taking one of our bigger money guys because they know we need to clear salary and don't want to take a big salary off our hands for free.

2. He said Seattle is not interested in Cal Foote.

3. The perception around the league is that Palat is the most valuable player we have exposed, followed by Killorn and then Gourde.

4. He said that multiple teams reached out to the bolts about possibly making a trade before the weekend, and were told by the bolts front office that they had no interest in making a move which is leading to a lot of people around the league thinking that the bolts already have a plan in place.

Comment

1. He believes that Seattle is more likely to take someone like Mathieu Joseph than taking one of our bigger money guys because they know we need to clear salary and don't want to take a big salary off our hands for free.
          So basically the same attitude that everyone had about trading with us last offseason, then?

Comment

• Goodrow is getting 6 years at 3.6M AAV. If Goodrow is getting that much, Coleman has to be getting $6M or more.

Comment

• So glad the NYR decided to end the rebuild and go back to signing Bobby Holik deals.

Comment

• Made this and posted on the Discord earlier

Comment

• We don’t have to trade Johnson to the Krak. They’re just the best most obvious fit. But I think he raised his profile enough to go somewhere else. And remember, this is the silly season. There’s so much smoke. It may seem like no one is willing to do a deal that would help us, but that might just be a touch of the persecuted fan complex that tends to plague all of us at one time or another.

Yes, it’s possible that Seravelli has accurate info. But all it takes is one team. Like last summer with Ottawa trading for Ceddy and Coburn and giving back a shit-ton of cap relief, there’s always a team that wants our players. And with the likes of Johnson, Palat and Killorn on the table — better players albeit with higher prices — I bet JBB has more options, not fewer.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Assuming TJ doesn't hate Arizona, seems like they would be game to pick him up given the Ladd deal. His NTC now is just a list of 20 teams he would accept, not the full NTC it was last season.

Comment

• I don't feel strongly one way or another about Foote. If he’s selected or traded, fine, not a huge loss. If he stays, fine. We’re one of the few teams that can develop him with an ideal, long-term plan. He’s a big dman. Sometimes they take years to figure it out. But he’s got pedigree and he’s already played just fine in 35 regular-season games. He might be ready for playoff action next spring after another 60-80 games of seasoning.

The guys I really don’t want to lose (in order of importance) are: Palat, Gourde, Colton, Killorn, Joseph

If Ron Francis is dumb enough to take Joseph or even Colton over Palat or Gourde, the Kraken will have much bigger problems than wasting their draft making sure they hurt certain teams rather than help themselves.
                      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

Frank Seravalli had some interesting notes about the bolts during his podcast today talking about the expansion draft:

So the league is price fixing the Lightning? I can't believe the media is floating around this ridiculous idea, we don't have to trade a contract to Seattle, competition still exists.
                        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• My late thoughts. If they want a player to be in their core:Gourde. If they want the most trade value: palat or Killorn. If they want a young player that could grow into the position: Colton or Joseph. .
                          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Don’t forget Seattle has to spend at least 60% of their cap on their 30 picks. They can’t just pick everyone’s cheapest assets… and only three teams went 4-4-1. How many high-priced, usable players are even available?

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
                              Don’t forget Seattle has to spend at least 60% of their cap on their 30 picks. They can’t just pick everyone’s cheapest assets… and only three teams went 4-4-1. How many high-priced, usable players are even available?
                              Didn't Vegas draft some expensive pending free agents last year to meet this requirement, and then just let them go to market?

Comment

• BriseBois made a very good investment in Goodrow but Rangers certainly will overpay. Lightning paid $925K for Goodrow last year. He has 32 goals in 331 games. Love the player but just too much AAV and term.
                                Bolts72

Comment

Working...
                                X