This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete View Post
    If you make a deal with Seattle to take Johnson, Palat, or Killorn, you don't have to worry about them taking someone you don't want them to take.
    I wouldn't think you would have to give them anything extra for the latter 2 if you just agree to expose them.
    “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie D View Post
      My wife heard on radio (always accurate), that Seattle offered to take TJ if the Lightning threw in Cernak and a pick.
      I'm sure the click on the phone from JBB was about the time it takes for the driver behind you to honk his horn when the light turns green in New York.
      That was a deal that Brian Lawton suggested on the NHL network a few days ago. It wasn't something he had inside knowledge of, just what he would ask for if he was Francis. It's pretty clear that people who don't watch the bolts regularly don't realize just how good Cernak is.

Comment

God I love this Team

Apparently at the parade they are going to wear "Salary Cap" T shirts.
        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

The "official" parade T-shirt is the "Cup, Boat Parade, repeat" shirt. But last year some players wore something other than the official shirt.
          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Not something I would wear, but you can buy them at: https://www.smackapparel.com/?variant=40378913685660. If you use the code BOLT21, you get a discount on every order. And since they advertise that code on EE's show, it would help him show that people listen to his podcast.

Comment

Sadly think Palat will be the odd man out (along with TJ to Seattle) as it's hard to make the money work otherwise. Don't know how we replace him as the chemistry of the top line is incredible and we barely have second line wingers, much less spare top liners.

Swapping stammer for a disgruntled Tarasenko might work mathematically. Its bad and unlikely for multiple reasons, but that's besides the point. Really just bummed we are likely to gut the two most successful lines from a back to back team because of covid cap.

Comment

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
                I have to think we will have at least one Cup chasing vet on a minimal deal, maybe in that 3RHD spot, or maybe 2nd line wing. Maybe both.
                You can also try to fill whatever hole has to be created this summer at the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                  They need to keep both Gourde and Cirelli. Centers > Wingers unless the winger is a generational talent like Kucherov.
                  Not disagreeing with you at the position value, but we have centers to spare and - if Coleman and Goodrow likely leave as they are UFAs - we're going to be thin at winger. Cirelli and Joseph have not proven themselves to be true scoring line players after multiple seasons. Cirelli played most of the year with one of the best snipers in recent memory and had 13 assists in 50 games. He had 4 power play points on the year, same as Maroon. Gourde is 29 with 4 more years at 5.1 mil - he is a sell high candidate to me, at least this is probably as valuable as he will ever be with that contract. I'd keep Cirelli over Gourde because they both work super hard, but a young man is more likely to keep that up.

If we lose both Gourde and Johnson, we still have Point, Stamkos, Cirelli, Colton, Stephens and Barre-Boulet at center. If center is the most important forward position, let's put our best natural centers there, instead of playing Stamkos at wing and Cirelli on a scoring line.

Comment

Stamkos and Barre-Boulet are really wingers at this point in their careers.
                    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

I wonder if there is any merit to the Stamkos to Las Vegas theory. His bestie Pietrangelo is there now, they need a dominant center(you gotta think they'd try him there) since their lack of center depth was exposed against Montreal, and they have the pieces and cap space we need. Something centered around Glass who is busting for them to make a deal work.

Doubtful, but a thought
                      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Trading Stamkos would be a devastating move even though it makes financial since. He is best of friends with Hedman, he has a NMC, he is the team’s leader and he showed his allegiance to the franchise with his last contract. Stamkos is no longer a center and does not have the puck retrieval skills and defense to play that position. Also, Vegas has many 30ish forwards and needs to get younger.
                        Bolts72

Comment

Is Sean Kuraly available?
                          Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Just for fun I looked up the buyout for Stamkos (remember Vinik did buy out Vinny). Because all of his money is in signing bonuses, the Lightning only save $1 million in total compensation so the cap savings is $667,000 for the next 3 years and a 333,000 cap penalty in years 4-6. Stamkos's agent basically set that contract up so that Stammer would be here for the next 3 years.

Comment

The Kucherov meme is taking over the internet, the NHL hasn't been this trendy in a long time

Comment

My biggest worry about Mcdounaghs deal is the length of the contract. I don't want anyone to go, but Johnson and Palat seem likely to me, Mcdounagh possibly if they tell him he will be exposed, maybe that sets up a deal with other teams as he would have to waive his NTC? It would be awesome to somehow keep the Gourde, Goodrow, Coleman line intact...one thing is for sure, JBB has a tough job ahead. Would love to be in on his phone calls over next few weeks...

Comment

Working...
                                X