Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big off season for ABB in my opinion. Dude needs to spend as much time with Barb Underhill as possible and put in some work. If he can turn his skating into a plus, then he could make the whole roster better. Koutchouk and Raddysh also should be scratching and clawing to get noticed. Should be an interesting off season.

Comment

• Yeah, those three guys hold so much potential and so many questions. It’s hard to imagine any passing through waivers, so JBB is expecting to use some more LTIR maneuvering (Killorn?) or maybe he just hopes to get some cover from that time period just before the regular season when similar players get cut and sneak through waivers because most teams have their rosters set? I could maybe, MAYBE see Raddysh sneak through … and if we lost him it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• This is a good problem to have every year. Pile on as many proven bottom-liners and new players who have to prove their worth and let them fight for the spots. Move the leftovers for picks, lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

• BriseBois really has set the team this season and next. Only Colton this year and Palat. Maroon, Joseph, Rutta and backup goalie next year.
          Bolts72

Comment

• Turns out this BriseBois guy is pretty good.
            Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• Boris Katchouk got the same contract as ABB and Raddysh. They also traded goalie Spencer Martin to Vancouver to solve the minor league goalie logjam.

The final thing to watch is what will happen with Colton. He is arbitration eligible and I believe the deadline to file is tomorrow. It looks like the bolts have $1,270,834 in space to use for his contract, and they will want to get it as close as possible to that number so they can use the full extent of LTIR.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmaxf9 View Post
                BriseBois really has set the team this season and next. Only Colton this year and Palat. Maroon, Joseph, Rutta and backup goalie next year.
                It’s clear that JBB’s plan is to go for it next year and the year after. The salary structure is largely in place for two more runs. That’s obviously why he offered term to oldies like Bogosian, Perry and Bellmare.

Point’s extension kicks in next offseason. If the cap goes up, we’re golden. But if it stays flat we could see if Palat would take a haircut to re-sign at around $3M. JBB’s got several months to find out how amenable Pally is to that. Maroon can stay as long as he wants IMO. That guy should never have to buy his own beer in two major metropoli now. Joseph could be tricky if he improves his production. Not sure he will without special teams duty.

Summer of 2023 is when the roster will need major changes again. The Big 3 RFAs (Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak) will likely be extended next summer. So when we finish this two-year window it’ll be time for JBB to chart a new course for the franchise. Who joins Kucherov, Point and Vasy in the new core? Can Stamkos, Hedman and McDonagh remain key contributors as they age into the final years of their contracts? How does the team avoid a personnel lull in 3-4 years when the lack of draft picks starts to impact the pipeline? Fascinating shtuff.

Comment

• I know we're super excited about Colton and he scored the cup winner but what could he possibly get in arbitration for one partial year at the NHL level with only 12 points? Sure seems like we should be able to re-sign him without that kind of drama.

Comment

• I would guess the issue isn’t principal, it’s term. Bolts probably want three years, while his agent might be asking for a one year prove it deal in order to bet on himself.

Comment

• I would think the bolts would prefer two years. If they sign him to a three year deal, he will be a UFA when the contract is over similar to how Barre-Boulet will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post

Summer of 2023 is when the roster will need major changes again. The Big 3 RFAs (Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak) will likely be extended next summer. So when we finish this two-year window it’ll be time for JBB to chart a new course for the franchise. Who joins Kucherov, Point and Vasy in the new core? Can Stamkos, Hedman and McDonagh remain key contributors as they age into the final years of their contracts? How does the team avoid a personnel lull in 3-4 years when the lack of draft picks starts to impact the pipeline? Fascinating shtuff.
                        I think you ink Hedman into that core. He's got a lot more tread than Stamkos or McD. I'd put Sergachev and Cernak in that core also. Cirelli most likely as well, but he's got to be more consistent.

My hope is that Palat is the next guy, but is followed by Stamkos and then Hedman continuing to take team friendly deals to max the roster.
                        Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• Sean Day has been signed to a one-year, two-way deal.

Comment

• Comment

• Suspect this contract will be settled prior to arbitration.
                              Bolts72

Comment

• Does this Arbitration thing with Colton signify that either him or his agent is less willing to take a reasonably team friendly deal? Seems like many before him have done so. Just seems like this could be an issue moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X