Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, but two thoughts spring to mind …

1. Krejci has said he’s either playing for Boston or going back to Czech Republic to finish playing days while raising his kids there. Not sure how much that’s worth, and Boston looks like they’re in an either/or situation with DeBrusk and Krejci. Doubt the B’s want Coyle as their 2C and since they’ve signed Hall and Foligno, I could see them trading DeBrusk and bringing Krejci back. He’s coming off a very strong season.

2. In my gut I just can’t see moving a heart and soul guy who is a low-key possession driver on the TOP line in order to sign an older, significantly less gritty center for the 2ND line. Again, I gladly offer my disclaimer that I am an unabashed Palat stan. But one thing I’m banking on is that JBB already announced the top 2 lines will return. I can’t recall him ever lying to the media, albeit in a small sample as GM … and all GMs lie or at least blow smoke. But so far JBB hasn’t made any similar pronouncements and then done a 180. He’s more the type to not comment or speak in generalities if he’s asked a direct question about a player’s future if it’s in doubt.

But again, I find the idea interesting. It sure seems like something’s got to give, but I’m perfectly willing to sit back and watch a masterful GM do his thing. It might simply be that he is constructing a roster to chase that third straight Cup, and any rookies who can’t earn a spot can get claimed for all he cares. We all seem to agree that losing Katchouk and Raddysh would hurt, at least in the not-too-distant future, but maybe they get dealt or maybe Stephens hits the waiver wire. Who knows? We’ve got a coupla months to speculate.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Yeah, I expect he will end up back in Boston when it's all said and done.

Comment

• When you’ve won the Cup I think it’s best to do the minimum, even if it looks like a no brainer on paper you never know what the ripple effect is going to do
        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• ABB has resigned. 3 years, $758k. Could be a steal if he works his way into the top 6.

Comment

• Stephens traded for a sixth round pick. There you have it
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
              Stephens traded for a sixth round pick. There you have it
              Doesn't seem like much of a return. Best JBB could get I'm sure. Seemed like he had potential, but not end of the world....guessing he will end up being a solid 3-4th if given chance.

Comment

• I think Stephens upside is basically what Bellemare is. For a championship caliber team, you would rather have the sure thing over what might be so I'm good with the deal.

Cap update: We have $2,029,167 left in space with Colton, Katchouk, and Raddysh still left to sign. Room for Colton + one of the others, but not both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                  Cap update: We have $2,029,167 left in space with Colton, Katchouk, and Raddysh still left to sign. Room for Colton + one of the others, but not both.
                  where are you seeing the $2m number at? Everything I can find has us at -5.7 over which would leave us only a million of LTIR, and that is after Stephens. I think katchouk and raddysh are both 2 way contract candidates or gone at this point.

Comment

• I would think the 2 way deals take care of the difference. All these guys can't be on the active roster so whoever doesn't make the cut either play in Syracuse at a lower salary or are claimed off waivers and off the books completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by matz2589 View Post

where are you seeing the $2m number at? Everything I can find has us at -5.7 over which would leave us only a million of LTIR, and that is after Stephens. I think katchouk and raddysh are both 2 way contract candidates or gone at this point.
                      CapFriendly currently has Gemel Smith on our roster, but he will be in Syracuse and one of Rddysh/Katchouk will take his spot at a similar salary (750K). That is where the the little over a million is left. I would expect the contract for Ross Colton to be a little over $1.2 million AAV which would push us as close to the $81.5 mark as possible so we can have the near full allotment of LTIR to use.

Comment

• Agree. Good competition for that 4th line.
                        Bolts72

Comment

• All that is left to do now is trade for EIchel right?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                            All that is left to do now is trade for EIchel right?
                            Then he gets the neck surgery, we LTIR for the season and bring him back for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoek View Post

Then he gets the neck surgery, we LTIR for the season and bring him back for the playoffs.

Comment

• Raddysh got the same deal as ABB. These contracts are fascinating, I really can't recall the last time a player got a three year commitment from a team with little to no NHL experience during their ELC. I almost wonder if it's a bit strategy based to scare off potential teams from picking a guy off waivers

Comment

Working...
                                X