Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet Arizona would be interested in our young guys since Plandowski is their head amateur scout now. They have five 2nd round picks next year, maybe a deal could be worked out around one of those picks.

Comment

• Am I really going to be the first one to make reference to the dirt line of 2004?
      If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• We currently have 44 guys signed to contracts (not including Finley and Thompson who will play in juniors). Assuming we sign our six RFA players, that would put us at 50 so I think you definitely would expect one or two contracts to be moved.

Comment

• How much does Perry have left? Are we losing ABB? I can live with that. Adding 2 lower line forwards for basically nothing is magical if they can be 80% of Goodrow, Gourde etc. I just can't see the new line measuring up, but I'd gladly be wrong...

Comment

• Really feel like Bellemare will be the center on the third line as he has great defensive skills, relentless checker and very good on face offs. Actually 3rd in league last year at 60.7%.
            Bolts72

Comment

• his faceoff numbers are the key to his signing, huge to have him
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Foote signed for 2 x $850K.

That puts our cap situation in a little more focus. We have 15 forwards that pretty much have to be in the NHL or exposed to waivers. We can currently afford to have 13 of them on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmaxf9 View Post
                  Really feel like Bellemare will be the center on the third line as he has great defensive skills, relentless checker and very good on face offs. Actually 3rd in league last year at 60.7%.
                  Between he and the rig, you have two guys that rarely lose pucks or get knocked down. Solid pair.
                  "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kizman View Post
                    How much does Perry have left? Are we losing ABB? I can live with that. Adding 2 lower line forwards for basically nothing is magical if they can be 80% of Goodrow, Gourde etc. I just can't see the new line measuring up, but I'd gladly be wrong...
                    Ask and you shall receive…Perry at $1M AAV. JBB is making it happen.
                    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kizman View Post
                      How much does Perry have left? Are we losing ABB? I can live with that. Adding 2 lower line forwards for basically nothing is magical if they can be 80% of Goodrow, Gourde etc. I just can't see the new line measuring up, but I'd gladly be wrong...
                      Perry’s real value is in the playoffs when you need someone to bang and stir up stuff. He would light up some of those weasels on the Islanders. You could also have him try to play the Killorn role on PP2 and stick him in front of the net for dirty goals and chaos.

Funny thing is, it looks like Perry is chasing a ring but he already has one. From 2007.

Comment

• I wonder if they don't play Perry on PP1 and save Killorn for when he's needed on the PK. Test it out at least

Comment

• Agree Corey Perry will get some PP1 time. This guy is a true professional who reinvented himself as a third and fourth liner after being a scorer and top line guy. He still has very good offensive skills. He was dangerous iin Dallas and Montrea in SC finals. Will be interesting to see who centers that line. ABB is an offensive player but not sure where he fits. Hopefully his skating has improved. Really feel Ross Colton will really blossom next year and he will play a much bigger role. Think he has a great chance to get 15-20 goals next year if he gets more ice time.
                          Bolts72

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                            I wonder if they don't play Perry on PP1 and save Killorn for when he's needed on the PK. Test it out at least
                            Agreed. he’s damn smart, commands and finds open ice below the dots. He can be a real prick, but now he’s our prick. kinda like how other teams felt about Downie..

Comment

• It's SOP to put pressure on the kids by bringing in proven veterans. It helps shake out the wheat from the chaff. The kids who are putting all the pieces together and showing the drive earn their spot and the rest go back down or are traded for picks while they still have value.

Comment

• I don't think this is something that would happen, but I was thinking about the possibility of trading Palat and then signing Krejci if he were willing to sign at around $4 millionish. It would weaken the top line where someone like ABB would have to play, but it would set up your center depth with Point as 1C, Krejci as 2C, Cirelli as 3C, and Bellemare at 4C.

Comment

Working...
                                X