Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a masterpiece of a day by JBB. Whooboy, we’ve got one helluva GM ladies and gentlemen.

Elliot has the track record and perhaps most importantly has the experience as a backup to sit for long stretches without ill effects. He won 15 games for a shitty Philly team that had the worst starter in the NHL statistically (I think I heard that). But the experts say he does well with less usage and can still dominate games. Obviously our team D is among the best in the league, so this could be a better fit than some think. I was surprised at what backup or tandem goalies were getting today.

Bogo for 3 years on a minimum deal is awesome. Remember, he was excellent as Hedman’s partner, really freed him up to dominate the entire ice during the 2020 Cup run. I’m super psyched. Was stunned and disappointed he left to sign for cheap with Toronto. Glad they shit the bed and he was sick of Canadian COVID protocols.

Bellmare (do we call him Belly or PEB? I’ve even heard Pebbles) was the unexpected cherry on top. Late-blooming physical, defensive center with size who kills penalties and can win draws at a 60% clip. Damn! He’s made to order and for 2 seasons on the cheap. That’s a helluva way to start reconstructing the third line. I can see him centering Colton and Joseph. Or maybe give a more offensive-minded young guy a shot on the wing there (or on the second line) with Killer on the third line and Joseph on the fourth. So many possibilities!

What a day! JBB must be a Jedi knight too. He sure as hell ain’t no padawan. Standing ovation.
    “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Camp this year will be very competitive and and should reinvigorate the entire group. Could that third line be Colton-Bellemare-Joseph?
      Bolts72

Comment

• I don't think you want Bellemare anywhere above the fourth line. He's an excellent defensive 4C, but he offers very little in the offensive zone. Assuming that there are no more additions or subtractions, I would probably go with something like this:

Palat - Point - Kucherov
        Barre-Boulet - Cirelli - Stamkos
        Killorn - Colton - Joseph
        Katchouk - Bellemare - Maroon

Hedman - Rutta
        McDonagh - Cernak
        Sergachev - Bogosian

Extras: Stephens, Raddysh, Foote

PP1: Hedman, Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Killorn
        PP2: Sergachev. Barre-Boulet, Palat, Cirelli, Maroon

PK1: Cirelli, Killorn, Cernak, McDonagh
        PK2: Bellemare, Katchouk, Hedman, Sergachev
        PK3: Colton, Jospeh

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
          I would probably go with something like this:
          Palat - Point - Kucherov
          Barre-Boulet - Cirelli - Stamkos
          Killorn - Colton - Joseph
          Katchouk - Bellemare - Maroon
          I'm really hoping not to see the Cirelli - Stamkos pairing on the second line this year. I have doubts about Cirelli as a true 2nd line center, Stamkos has not been as good offensively on wing, and they don't seem to have a lot of offensive chemistry together.

My 2 cent lines:

Palat - Point - Kucherov
          Killorn - Stamkos - Raddysh/Barre-Boulet
          Colton - Cirelli - Joseph
          Maroon - Bellemare - Katchouk/Stephens

I know Katchouk is a left wing, but I'm guessing Maroon has seniority there.

Comment

• Kevin Weekes

@KevinWeekes
            **Breaking News**
            @TBLightning
            are signing F Corey Perry to a 2 Yr Deal.
            @espn

If you can't beat us, join us.

Comment

• Katchouk-Cirelli-Killorn

write that down, will be the best shutdown line in hockey
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Lightning sign Corey Perry!
                Bolts72

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick9911 View Post

Kevin Weekes

@KevinWeekes
                  **Breaking News**
                  @TBLightning
                  are signing F Corey Perry to a 2 Yr Deal.
                  @espn

If you can't beat us, join us.

I did not think they would do it

We may lose some kids on waivers
                  If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• 2020: Fuck you, Corey
                    2021: Fuck you, Corey
                    2022: Fuck yeah, Corey!

Comment

• Is Perry straight to the 4th line or can he complete for a spot on the third? There's going to be a lot of competition for Colton, Joseph, Barre-Boulet, Raddysh and Katchouk to earn just a few spots.

Comment

• Yeah I'm really wondering what this means for the kids and whether we have to move one now.

Comment

• I love the idea of
                          Colton-stamkos-raddysh Katchouk-cirelli-killorn

but some of these vet forward signings scream a lack of faith that the kids can make the jump to me.

Comment

• Which kids are you concerned about? The two that have proven they can play are Colton and Joseph, and they’ve got nothing to worry about. Yeah, it'd be nice to develop some of the possible future top/middle six types, but there’s a hierarchy. They’re all behind Colton and Joseph for a reason.

Don’t forget we just sacrificed Gourde and kept McDonagh because our Cup window is wide open. Kids will be lost, but that’s not as important as having the chance to win. I’m not sure Corey Perry vs. Barre-Boulet is much of a difficult argument.

Lets go 3-peat!
                            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• ABB does seem like the obvious one out since he can't play anything except top 6. Wouldn't miss him too much.

Comment

• I think ABB sticks on a scoring line and we move Cirelli and Killorn down to the third to fill the hole left by losing Gourde and crew

I think Stephens and Raddysh are the two at most risk of losing a spot and being claimed.

Comment

Working...
                                X