Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly seems like we need to move TJ and at least 1 more contract to be able to make appropriate signings and have some flexibility.

Comment

• Otto Somppi has re-signed with the Lightning on a one-year, two-way deal.

$750K NHL, $100K minors, $125K guaranteed.
      Last edited by The Great Zo; 07-27-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• It's interesting that we haven't heard much on the trade front. I figured JBB would want to have the cap space cleared up before free agency starts.

Comment

• Why? We aren’t expecting to be much of a player in the FA market. I would think we have to at least wait for the FA frenzy in the first two days to settle down before anyone is going to even contemplate TJ’s future.
          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• And there it is. TJ and a 2nd for Seabrook and his LTIR contract.

Comment

• Great to get the cap space

Nothing but love for TJ, I hope Chicago does well next year and he can refind his game.

Now what to do with all of this cap space
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• By my count, our current cap hit (not including Seabrook) is $74,850,000.

That gives us $6,650,000 in cap space, We have to sign Colton, Foote, ABB, Raddysh and Katchouk. We also need a backup goalie, another defenseman, and maybe a cheap free agent forward.

Comment

• After signing everyone to the minimum there should be 2-3 million to fool around with
                  If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Bring back Bogo!

Sign a solid backup G.

Sit back an relax.

Comment

• Bogosian would be my top choice, but I think there were reports that he wanted to go somewhere close to his home in New York. I wouldn't be shocked if they look at Brendan Smith. He's a left shot defenseman, but has played most of his career on the right side. I still think Foote is the #6 heading into the season.

Comment

• Say whatever you want about JBB, but this seems as good as we could have done, all things considered. Hopefully we get some players on the cheap looking to get their names added to cup.

Comment

• It’ll be interesting to see what plays out over the coming weeks. Any free agent who answers JBB’s call has to know it’s minimum salary only, BUT there’s a good chance of making a deep run. Not sure who will want to take that ride, but now that we are compliant, the flat cap works heavily in our favor. I’d suspect any veteran looking at a minimum deal elsewhere has to think hard about the Bolts team, organization, the sunshine, the taxes.

Get ready for more losers whining about the Tampa Bay LTIRning. I love it!

Comment

• Brian Elliot - meh. Just a backup goalie so no big deal I guess.

Comment

• BOGO back at 3x$850k - pretty reasonable, guess he wishes he never left for Toronto.

Comment

• Blake Coleman signs with Cal-Gary, 6 years $29.4M, thanks for helping win those 2 Cups, Blake!

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-free-ag...162214825.html

Comment

Working...
                                X