Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would definitely take Gourde over Coleman at that price.
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• I'd rather have Gourde.

Comment

• I'd also rather have Gourde.

Comment

• Qualifying offers issued to:
          Alex Barre-Boulet
          Ross Colton
          Taylor Raddysh
          Boris Katchouk
          Otto Somppi
          Cal Foote
          Sean Day

Qualifying offers not issued to:
          Ryan Lohin
          Dominik Masin

Comment

• I'm a bit surprised that they didn't offer Lohin a QO. He was reasonably productive, and I thought he played well. Maybe they try to bring him back on a AHL deal.

Speaking of Syracuse, here is what they look like right now.

FWD (12): Smith, Somppi, Cajkovic, Koepke, Tufto, Ryfors, Goncalves, Huntington, Fortier, Morand, Walcott, Element (AHL deal)

DEF (4): Claesson, Green, Semykin, Day

GOAL (3): Martin, Alnefelt, Miftakhov

I would guess that they will bring in a couple veteran forwards, and a couple veteran right shot defensemen (maybe Ben Thomas returns?)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
              Dominik Masin
              What happened to him? I thought he was a promising up-and-comer?

Comment

• Arizona knows how to leverage cap space and rebuild, jesus

Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
                I'd like to know too, aside from him being a left hander with little offensive production
                If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Don’t we have a chance to sign Sammy Walker and Nick Perbix out of college? I’d think those two are a priority to keep away from free agency next spring. Perbix in particular looks like an NHLer from what I’ve read and heard. Walker is talented offensively but super tiny.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by the_narrow_way View Post
                    He's in the KHL and recently signed an extension to stay there. I thought he had the potential to be a physical bottom pairing guy in the NHL, but he never got the opportunity with how loaded our left side is. I guess he just decided to go the KHL route instead of staying in the AHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                      Don’t we have a chance to sign Sammy Walker and Nick Perbix out of college? I’d think those two are a priority to keep away from free agency next spring. Perbix in particular looks like an NHLer from what I’ve read and heard. Walker is talented offensively but super tiny.
                      Both went back to school for their senior seasons. Technically they could both decide to become free agents after their senior season, but I don't really see why they would.

Comment

• You have to think that a resolution has to be coming with Tyler Johnson. Tomorrow is the final day a player can be placed on buyout waivers in the first window (I doubt we will have any arbitration cases so the second window won't be applicable). If they can't work out a trade, a buyout might be the only option left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post

Both went back to school for their senior seasons. Technically they could both decide to become free agents after their senior season, but I don't really see why they would.
                          Same reason why any player would want to be a free agent. $$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Same reason why any player would want to be a free agent. $$$$
                            They would be signing the same ELC with any team so money doesn't really matter in this case. The only thing that would factor in would be choosing the quickest path to the NHL.

Comment

• Seems like Schenn is going back to Vancouver, so have to add a depth defenseman to the shopping list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post

They would be signing the same ELC with any team so money doesn't really matter in this case. The only thing that would factor in would be choosing the quickest path to the NHL.
                                True

Comment

Working...
                                X