Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the roster is what is being reported, Seattle will draft 12 defenseman. 9 of those 12 defensemen are left shot defensemen, and 2 of the 3 right shot defenders barely have any NHL experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post

How is gourde going to do when he is matched up against Drew doughty and Victor hedman every night?
      Well, he's only going to have to play against Hedman a couple times, but good point. It's one thing to be the energy guy. It's another to be producing on the top scoring line. We'll see if he has it in him.
      Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

• Is this draft show is a preview of ESPNs coverage of the NHL I am not impressed. Very amateurish and cringy.

Comment

• Very anticlimactic. Lots of ex-Lightning players involved.
          Bolts72

Comment

• Lol, Seattle made no trades, they legit took these guys as who they wanted. No extra assets needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
              Well, he's only going to have to play against Hedman a couple times, but good point. It's one thing to be the energy guy. It's another to be producing on the top scoring line. We'll see if he has it in him.
              Ehhhh It's still No.1 bullshit.
              "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• It looks like their top 2 lines have some talent, but I have never heard of any of the bottom 2 lines. They certainly got some decent admen though and a couple of good goalies.

Comment

• Just as I said might happen, Ron Francis screwed the pooch. He’s betting everything on free agency and trading dmen for forwards, which is a shit recipe.
                  “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• We’ll, they shed $5.1 with Gourde, but there is still a long $$ to go…right? Many of you guys are way more GM/dollar savvy than me. So now, where does TJ go (Detroit?) and how about the Palat/Killorn situation?

I’m still ultra pissed to lose 37. Dan Rosen had him as the #1 plum of the draft, and I was afraid Francis would see Yanni as a guy to generate energy every night and be the fan favorite. Lined up with Tanev and McCann, that’s a strong at least second line.

But, If we can keep Palat and/or Killer, it’s a bactine to soothe the wound. And the D remains intact=huge.
                    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• We just have to lose one more big money guy and we will be good cap wise. I do wonder if Gourde going opens up the possibility that they decide to keep Johnson and put him at 3C heading into next season. I still think Johnson is the most like to be dealt, but the returns you could get on Palat or Killorn may be really intriguing to JBB.

Comment

• I think there is a greater than 50% chance we keep both if able to deal Johnson. Cap friendly has us at 6.5 with him gone. Fill holes with cheap vets and rookies. Think we can re-sign Foote/raddysh/katchouk/Abb and add a LD and backup on that assuming we get some team friendly bridge and or 1 year deals from the kids. Colton complicates stuff a bit though.

​​​​
                        Last edited by matz2589; 07-21-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                          We just have to lose one more big money guy and we will be good cap wise. I do wonder if Gourde going opens up the possibility that they decide to keep Johnson and put him at 3C heading into next season. I still think Johnson is the most like to be dealt, but the returns you could get on Palat or Killorn may be really intriguing to JBB.
                          It's a blasphemous idea but I agree, you need a partner to make a trade happen
                          If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• According to Joe Smith:

"Yanni Gourde is having shoulder surgery Monday and is expected to have a four month rehab."

If he starts breaking down and having injury issues we may have dodged a bullet with that contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                              According to Joe Smith:

"Yanni Gourde is having shoulder surgery Monday and is expected to have a four month rehab."

If he starts breaking down and having injury issues we may have dodged a bullet with that contract.
                              Wow, I guess JBB didn't know he needed it at the end of season presser?
                              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                                Lol, Seattle made no trades, they legit took these guys as who they wanted. No extra assets needed.
                                There is conflicting information there, but we'll know tomorrow by 1 pm

Comment

Working...
                                X