Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightning 2021 Offseason

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There are valid reasons not to draft Price, including that one! My comment was reserved more for the people who think Francis is gonna pass on high-priced draftees so he can have cap room for high-priced UFAs.

    Comment


    • Don’t worry, Ronnie has a Krak team investigating the medicals
      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
        I'm thoroughly unconvinced by any of the arguments out there that Francis is gonna pass on drafting Price, JVR, etc just so that he can go out and sign Douglas Hamilton to an eight-figure AAV deal. Bonkers.
        I'm kind of convinced, but I'm not convinced Francis a smart nor good gm.

        Comment


        • There are going to be plenty of UFAs that will not be high-priced.
          Bolts72

          Comment


          • A lot of speculation that TJ is going to Seattle based on a twitter post he made highlighting the Cup win.

            What I find even more suspicious is that if you click on Johnson's recent likes on twitter, he liked a post that referenced Sportsnet and him going to Seattle.
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

            Comment


            • TJ has now deleted his twitter like
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

              Comment


              • Johnson may end up in Seattle, but I think the question is whether or not he will be the actual expansion pick. I could see a scenario where they select Joseph and then acquire Johnson in a side deal. It's a small sample size, but Joseph and Johnson looked good together and they could be 2/3 of a third line for Seattle.

                Comment


                • Sounds like the Kraken will take Gourde. Thanks for the Cups buddy, will miss you
                  If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

                  Comment


                  • Either Seattle has made a lot of side deals, or they plan on tanking next season. The forward group announced so far for their team is barely NHL level.

                    Comment


                    • Confirmed columbus had no deal in place. Also confirmed, I was correct about Ron Francis. Yikes.....
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • I like their team a lot actually. No star talent but a solid defense, good goalie, and productive forwards.


                        Don't forget they get the #2 pick in the draft and have money to burn on free agents.
                        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                          I like their team a lot actually. No star talent but a solid defense, good goalie, and productive forwards.


                          Don't forget they get the #2 pick in the draft and have money to burn on free agents.
                          That forward group is really bad. Especially when they could have taken a guy like max domi and instead just threw the pick away. At worst domi brings some serious picks at the trade deadline.

                          Comment


                          • Also don’t forget they’re gonna trade at least one, maybe 2 defensemen. They’ve got 8 or 9 who can play in the NHL. Would expect them to flip some pieces.
                            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post

                              That forward group is really bad. Especially when they could have taken a guy like max domi and instead just threw the pick away. At worst domi brings some serious picks at the trade deadline.
                              Is Domi really worth taking at 5.3 million? I feel like their forward group is industrious, they are still in an excellent position to fill in their roster with some talent out front.

                              What I will give you is this, how in the hell does he not take any offers to protect or swap selections? I heard that one example was that he wanted two 1sts to select and trade Alex Killorn, that lack of flexibility is going to hurt them.
                              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

                                Is Domi really worth taking at 5.3 million? I feel like their forward group is industrious, they are still in an excellent position to fill in their roster with some talent out front.

                                What I will give you is this, how in the hell does he not take any offers to protect or swap selections? I heard that one example was that he wanted two 1sts to select and trade Alex Killorn, that lack of flexibility is going to hurt them.
                                Max domi has scored 70 points. At minimum, he's a skill forward on the last year of a deal. He brings a lot as a deadline acquisition. Their second line has 3 players, all 29 years old. The max point total among all three in one year, 37 points. That's a mess. That 4th line has guys I've legit never even heard of. How do you think Eberle is going to do without barzal centering? How is gourde going to do when he is matched up against Drew doughty and Victor hedman every night?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X