Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was lined up with bulldog 1 (Gourde) and bulldog 2 (Coleman). Love his play with the Bolts, but what did he do with the Sharks??? Not that much. (51 pts in 268 gm=.21 ppg)
    He's a 10G. 15A guy at best, on most teams, including the Rags. But, as was said earlier, you go get the money..
    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• I think Boris Katchouk should be able to step in the role that Goodrow had and give us similar results with potentially more scoring ability.

Comment

• Lightning again show their class as all players that were on last year’s team and not this year’s team getting their day with The Stanley Cup.
        Bolts72

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
          I think Boris Katchouk should be able to step in the role that Goodrow had and give us similar results with potentially more scoring ability.
          But likely without any semblance of veteran savvy. Grind guys aren’t just that easy to replace with rookies. Hopefully this next crop enjoyed their celebration with the Cup (and the two-time champs) and have a strong sense of how hard it will be to fill those skateboots.
          “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Didn't Vegas draft some expensive pending free agents last year to meet this requirement, and then just let them go to market?
            It counts next year’s salaries. You can’t sign a bunch of UFAs to get around that rule because their cap hit is zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post

It counts next year’s salaries. You can’t sign a bunch of UFAs to get around that rule because their cap hit is zero.
              Interesting, not sure why Vegas did that then. I was told it was to hit some requirement but wasn't paying much attention
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post

Interesting, not sure why Vegas did that then. I was told it was to hit some requirement but wasn't paying much attention
                With all the players they got in side deals, they might have reached a point where they were close to the cap and had to waste the rest of the expansion draft picks. You have to use 20 of your picks on players who already have a contract for next year.

Comment

• How come Vegas didn't have to protect any players for the expansion draft? Was is it a provision when they came into the league that they were exempt?

Comment

• Originally posted by nutznboltz View Post
                    How come Vegas didn't have to protect any players for the expansion draft? Was is it a provision when they came into the league that they were exempt?
                    Basically. I'm sure the idea is it would've been too soon for a building expansion team to lose players, but as we can see they're already a powerhouse that could easily afford it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutznboltz View Post
                      How come Vegas didn't have to protect any players for the expansion draft? Was is it a provision when they came into the league that they were exempt?
                      They don’t get a cut of the expansion fee.

Comment

• Yeah, Vegas missed out on 22 million
                        If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• Francis definitely planning on staying out of cap hell and he wants to be in UFA market.
                          Bolts72

Comment

• What’s the difference between drafting an overpaid veteran and overpaying a veteran UFA in order to get him to play for an expansion team?

Lotta evidence Francis is gonna screw this pooch
                            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• I'm thoroughly unconvinced by any of the arguments out there that Francis is gonna pass on drafting Price, JVR, etc just so that he can go out and sign Douglas Hamilton to an eight-figure AAV deal. Bonkers.

Comment

• Does Price needing surgery change your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X