Lightning 2021 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post

Can you link me to the report? I'd love to see where they were at. I was outside the arena until about 430AM and I suspect my experience was juuuuust slightly different than his.
    https://www.bardown.com/it-looked-li...-cup-1.1665420

Comment

• It definitely wasn't the player parking lot. Just a random back alley with nothing to see. Crazy how nobody was partying there instead of Ybor or Thunder Alley or Hattricks! Oh wait...

Comment

• Hahahaha... wow. That is some Trumpian-level misdirection fake news BS. You mean to tell me there aren't any fans at the corner of Morgan Street and Water Street, which is behind the arena, not in the direction any fans would need to walk after the game, and not near any restaurants or bars? Who would have thunk it?

Had she walked 500 feet up Water Street to the northeast, she would have found 50-100 screaming/cheering/singing/jovial/happy Lightning fans waiting for the team to come out after the celebration. I can't speak for what was going on elsewhere in the city, because I was too busy having fun. Must suck to not have fun when you're part of an insane propagandist media cult.

Comment

• I think everyone is even angrier than they were in 2004, when the fan base actually was a bunch of ThunderStix banging newbies who barely knew the rules. They have this big long list of grievances and none of them are sticking. This is fantastic.
          Last edited by TexasBolt; 07-10-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post

Hahahaha... wow. That is some Trumpian-level misdirection fake news BS. You mean to tell me there aren't any fans at the corner of Morgan Street and Water Street, which is behind the arena, not in the direction any fans would need to walk after the game, and not near any restaurants or bars? Who would have thunk it?

Had she walked 500 feet up Water Street to the northeast, she would have found 50-100 screaming/cheering/singing/jovial/happy Lightning fans waiting for the team to come out after the celebration. I can't speak for what was going on elsewhere in the city, because I was too busy having fun. Must suck to not have fun when you're part of an insane propagandist media cult.
            I hunted her down on Twitter and she is in full damage control. Using google translate

"Clarification here after discussions with Lightning fans. 1- Heavy rain forced fans to leave the streets around the arena. 2-The police quickly dispersed the revelers who obediently obeyed orders. In short, the Lightning has great fans, loud and respectful!"

She is still completely clueless that the reason police dispersed any crowd in that location was because there is nothing to do there except jump in the channel or loiter in the restricted area. What a great journalist
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• I'm sure that she retracted her story the next day and the station apologized. Yeah right
              “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                I hunted her down on Twitter and she is in full damage control. Using google translate

"Clarification here after discussions with Lightning fans. 1- Heavy rain forced fans to leave the streets around the arena. 2-The police quickly dispersed the revelers who obediently obeyed orders. In short, the Lightning has great fans, loud and respectful!"

She is still completely clueless that the reason police dispersed any crowd in that location was because there is nothing to do there except jump in the channel or loiter in the restricted area. What a great journalist
                Right, none of that explanation even addresses the fact that she was at a really bizarre location to try to find a crowd. Heck, that's a quiet spot in the middle of the afternoon, let alone after the game.

And I'm still not even sure about the first part. Per the timestamps on my camera:
                * The Bolts won the cup at 10:51 PM.
                * Final team photo taken at 11:34 PM.
                * I finally got outside to Thunder Alley at 11:49 PM, almost a full hour after the game ended.

When I got outside, Thunder Alley was packed and it was loud. It had clearly rained at some point, but I saw little police presence once I got outside, nor was there any need for one. Just a really happy, really excited crowd. Fireworks went off from a block or two north of the arena. No cars were flipped, no tear gas was thrown, no fires were set. I didn't see anyone being dispersed in any way.
                Last edited by The Great Zo; 07-10-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Yes the arena is in downtown, but you still have to drive to get down there. That’s the point she’s missing. It isn’t Montreal where there’s a subway and tons of buses and people can walk everywhere. Everyone partied for awhile and then eventually got in their cars and went home.

Not to mention it was a Wednesday night and people who could afford those tickets must have, you know, jobs.

Comment

• Useless stat: The Lightning were the first team since the 1983 Islanders to win a Stanley Cup without winning any overtime games along the way.

Comment

• 0-4 in OT. One overtime loss in each series. Put that way, it sounds bad.

However, the Lightning only lost seven games in the playoffs. That means they were only beaten in regulation three times. Put it that way, it sounds good.

The Lightning lost Game 5 against Florida by a score of 4-1. That was the only game in the entire playoffs that the Lightning lost by more than one goal.

Comment

• Had to offer congratulations to the boys on back to back Stanley Cups! Great run, this team played any way you wanted to bring it, tough, skilled, didn't matter.
                        Cooper and staff were prepared, the team was incredible and it was very enjoyable to see them repeat.

Because of salary cap issues we are all aware of, we lost the third line and others, but core is back. Now counting on the youth to step up and fill in the holes.
                        Who knows, with some breaks, we could win a third in a row.

I had a lot of fun on the old sunshine network board and those years were a blast. Had to come back to give congrats to the team, they were awesome.
                        I won't say never, but I would say its pretty doubtful I post here again so good luck to you all, stay safe, I sincerely wish each of you well and you are in my prayers.
                        Maybe someday we get to tip a cold one in person united as fellow Americans and Lightning fans.
                        Go Bolts!

Comment

• Sorry to hear that gp. What if you just stay away from the off-topic areas? This site needs all the warm bodies it can get.

Either way thanks for the nice post.

Comment

Working...
                          X