This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
    I know nothing ... except that hockey players always go out as a team and because they are amazing athletes, they can consume more than us mere mortals. Still, players rarely find trouble. They take Ubers to hotels and take care of each other. It’s part of their bond.

I really don’t know anything about Drouin and won’t speculate. I can see from afar that he’s been putting a ton of pressure on himself since he was young and has a circle around him that doesn’t appear to do much to relieve that pressure. I’m sure his time back home in Montreal has not been what he had hoped.
    I think we’ve all heard the stories of HOF Nhl’ers who laced ‘em up more than once with a pretty good hangover. I know I’ve heard several stories from Phil. And with a number of them, it’s not just the occasional bender. Look no further than Poeschek—I know from personal experience...

The pressure on Drouin to perform like a Richard or Beliveau has to be smothering in K Bec.
    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Wilson does it again. A fair amount of talent is greatly overshadowed by a thuggish and frankly, non-hockey instinct. Quinn was right on the mark: .he has little to no respect for his opponents or the game. $5 grand is nothing. He deserved a multi-game benching.
      "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

• Now it's on Quinn to have something done about it.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• That’s ballsy by the Rags, but real glad they said it. NHL has backed itself into a corner
              If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

• I'll be more interested to see if the Rangers actually do something about it tomorrow. The league clearly has shown that they won't protect the star players so the way I see it, it's time for the teams to take it into their own hands. The Rangers have a couple tough guys down in the AHL, and it's not like the Rangers are making the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek28 View Post
                  I'll be more interested to see if the Rangers actually do something about it tomorrow. The league clearly has shown that they won't protect the star players so the way I see it, it's time for the teams to take it into their own hands. The Rangers have a couple tough guys down in the AHL, and it's not like the Rangers are making the playoffs.
                  There are rumors now they are talking with Hartford about call ups. This could be the most intriguing game of the season tomorrow if they actually do it. Then the league has a mess. If somebody grabs Backstrom by the head and slams him to the ice after the whistle, how does the league do anything about it?

Comment

• Good on the Rangers. F that thug Wilson. The League has been letting him get away with this shit for too long. [grandpa mode/] Back in the old NHL there were tough guys who would beat the snot out of cheap-shot artists like Wilson. [/grandpa mode]

Comment

• Old time hockey!
                      “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolthed View Post
                        Old time hockey!
                        Unfortunately, 43 didn't get the treatment he so richly deserved. Brendan Smith is a light heavy at best. He got tuned pretty good. If that's the best the Rags could muster, well, John D's brooming makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
                          April 30 update...

CENTRAL
                          Top 3 look to be locked in: CAR, FLA, TB. Too close to say who finishes where.
                          The #4 spot is a race between NSH and DAL.

WEST
                          The top 3 have clinched: VGK, COL, MIN. Vegas currently has a small lead for #1.
                          STL has a good lead for #4, with Arizona lurking behind.

EAST
                          Top 4 are basically set: WAS, PIT, NYI, BOS.
                          Pittsburgh and Washington battling for #1/#2.
                          NYI and Boston battling for #3/#4.

NORTH
                          TOR #1, EDM #2, WIN #3, MON #4. Very good chance this is how it finishes.
                          May 6 update, as we're nearing the end...

CENTRAL
                          CAR has a pretty good lead for #1.
                          TB/FLA tied for #2, with a game in hand for the Bolts.
                          NSH has a pretty good lead for #4, with DAL lurking behind but needing to just about run the table.

WEST
                          VGK has a pretty good lead for #1.
                          COL/MIN battling for #2.
                          STL is virtually guaranteed the #4 spot.

EAST
                          Top 4 are set: WAS, PIT, BOS, NYI.
                          WAS/PIT are battling for #1/#2.
                          BOS/NYI are battling for #3/#4.

NORTH
                          TOR #1, EDM #2, WIN #3, MON #4.
                          The WIN/MON race has gotten a little tighter.

Comment

• Tortorella and Tocchet out!
                            Bolts72

Comment

• I wonder if Torts gets another head coaching job after this one. He’s not on the same level as, say, Mike Keenan, but the career arc is pretty similar.

Comment

• The edmundson fine for dangerous tripping.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeresYour...55488819224585

Comment

Working...
                                X