Frontier TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontier TV

So, Frontier never renewed with Sinclair Broadcasting so there's no Fox Sports Sun available on Frontier right now with no resolution in sight. Game 1 thankfully was a national NBCSN game but what are the options for watching the rest of the games? I am not 1) switching to Xfinity or 2) paying for a subscription above and beyond my already too high cable bill.

I use YouTube tv instead of cable. I think it’s like $60 and I can share it with a bunch of other people. I have 5 other family members who get it from me for free
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

I use Hulu Live TV
      Gudas Priest

Comment

I believe YouTube tv and hulu also don't have Sinclair sports now, unless something changed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
          I believe YouTube tv and hulu also don't have Sinclair sports now, unless something changed recently.
          If that means no Lightning I'll be canceling
          If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Spectrum, xfinity, and AT&T's TV streaming service are the only ones that have them at this point.

If you have a friend with Spectrum/xfininty, you could ask to borrow their login and watch through Fox Sports Go streaming. Another option is subscribing to NHL.tv and using a VPN to get around local blackout restrictions, but that would cost money obviously.

Then there's the shadier option of watching pirate streams for free.
            Last edited by Hoek; 01-14-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to be using my mom's spectrum info in the Fox Sports app and cancelling YTTV after the Super Bowl. It's gotten way too expensive for how little tv I watch, and no local sports = no thanks since that was the main reason I went with them after the playstation streaming thingie went bust.

Comment

Locast is a free app for local channels and their antennae offerings. Available on Roku, no idea about the other streaming devices.
                I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Per this website, your options are: Get Cable TV, AT&T TV, or live out of the area and watch on NHL.TV
                  https://thestreamable.com/news/every...or-2021-season
                  OR, do like Hoek suggests, get a VPN and use NHL.TV on your laptop. Although if you are using a laptop already, I'm unclear why you wouldn't use other, less reputable sites.

AT&T TV is $84.99. You are out of your goddamn minds if you think I'm spending that every month just for Lightning games.

The hurdles the NHL makes its fanbase jump through in order to watch their games are fucking idiotic.
                  Bullshit Centrist and Ondrej Palat fan club member

Comment

Originally posted by dannybolt View Post
                    Per this website, your options are: Get Cable TV, AT&T TV, or live out of the area and watch on NHL.TV
                    https://thestreamable.com/news/every...or-2021-season
                    OR, do like Hoek suggests, get a VPN and use NHL.TV on your laptop. Although if you are using a laptop already, I'm unclear why you wouldn't use other, less reputable sites.

AT&T TV is $84.99. You are out of your goddamn minds if you think I'm spending that every month just for Lightning games.

The hurdles the NHL makes its fanbase jump through in order to watch their games are fucking idiotic.
                    To be fair to the nhl, this is no different than every other sport. In fact I'd say the NFL is the worst. I remember they blacked me out at times for games that were not shown on my local tv.

Comment

You just know something nefarious is going on here... it’s Sinclair.

Comment

I don't understand how youtube tv can justify increasing the rate from $50 to $65 and then cut local sports. Unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBolt View Post
                          You just know something nefarious is going on here... it’s Sinclair.
                          They are as slimy as Newsmaxx and OANN.

I’m a senior. As are Donnie, Puckhead, and JB.

Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                            I don't understand how youtube tv can justify increasing the rate from $50 to $65 and then cut local sports. Unbelievable
                            Yup. They added other stuff that I'm not interested in but couldn't keep the sports.

Comment

Blame Sinclair. They are going to wait for the Xfinity contract to end and then do a pay tv service. You will pay $9.95 for Fox and Sun Sports and $19.95 for all of their regional networks.
                              “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Working...
                              X