Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado has cap space to get Pietrangelo.
    Bolts72

Comment

• Alright, let's see what we've missed since Saturday evening.

Taylor Hall to Buffalo for a one-year $8M deal. Nobody saw that coming.

Alex Pietrangelo to Vegas for seven years at $8.8M. That contract is unlikely to age well.

Nate Schmidt traded from Vegas to Vancouver for a 3rd round pick in 2022. Vancouver helps Vegas out of their Pietrangelo-induced cap crunch (though Schmidt is a good player).

Devon Toews traded from NYI to Colorado for 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2022.

Vladislav Namestnikov signs with Detroit for 2 years, $2M AAV.

Tyler Toffoli signs with Montreal for 4 years at $4.25M AAV.

Patrick Marleau back to the Sharks for a year at $700K.

And a whole bunch of smaller deals I don't really care about.

Comment

• Meanwhile in Boston...
        https://apnews.com/article/david-pas...b2d6da9bdda26a

The Boston Bruins could be without two-thirds of their top line when the next NHL season starts after the team said Tuesday that David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand each underwent surgery last month.

Pastrnak isn’t expected to be fully recovered and able to play until mid-February after an operation to repair a torn labrum in his right hip Sept. 16 in New York. Pastrnak shared the Rocket Richard Trophy by tying for the league lead with 48 goals last season and missed some time in the playoffs because of injury.

Marchand won’t be good to go until roughly mid-January after having a sports hernia repaired Sept. 14 at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. He was the NHL’s first-team All-Star left wing in the postseason voting after having 87 points on 28 goals and 59 assists in 70 games when play was halted.

Boston defenseman Charlie McAvoy had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Sept. 8 and is expected to be ready for the start of training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post

Devon Toews traded from NYI to Colorado for 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2022.
          I guess they chose to keep Pulock over Toews, since only one of them could be retained with Barzal needing a new contract. The Bolts are in an eerily similar situation with a LHD, RHD, and forward all RFAs (however no one is arbitration-eligible)

Comment

• Odd how Pastrnak and Marchand injuries mirror Point and Stamkos
            “Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU

Comment

• Jake Allen's extension in Montreal is a little richer than I expected.

Comment

• I kind of got Jake Allen for this year there. I'm baffled at keeping a backup to Carey Price around at almost $3 mil

Comment

• The term kind of makes sense, since they need him as a signed goalie to expose in the expansion draft next offseason. I just don't get the cost. Allen's a replacement-level backup at this point in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
                    The term kind of makes sense, since they need him as a signed goalie to expose in the expansion draft next offseason. I just don't get the cost. Allen's a replacement-level backup at this point in his career.
                    I mean, even if you believe he is a 1b type of goalie, Montreal isn't exactly a team that should be looking for a 1b. Like, you couldn't sign Domingue or Dell for 2-3 years for the expansion draft?

Comment

• And I missed this as first, but that's a two-year /extension/ on a deal that already has a year left. So Jake Allen is signed, at almost $3M, through 2022-23. I'm not sure what world that makes sense in.

Comment

• And brendan Gallagher gets 6 years, $39 mil. Its like I praised them for a good deal with toffoli, so Bergeron became angry and decided to remind people how bad he is.

Comment

• Extending their backup at $3m and signing Gallagher long term before seeing if they mesh? What is Bergevin doing? Guaranteeing another half decade of mediocrity?

Comment

• Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                            And brendan Gallagher gets 6 years, $39 mil. Its like I praised them for a good deal with toffoli, so Bergeron became angry and decided to remind people how bad he is.
                            He's been a pretty consistent 30 goal, 50 point guy on a mediocre offensive team. It's not too bad of a contract.

Comment

• Dadonov to the Senators.

Comment

• After losing Smith and Bonino and buying out Turris, and then losing out on the Taylor Hall sweeps, you gotta think Poile was hot and heavy after Dadonov. I now propose a TJ to NAS trade is a win-win no-brainer for both sides. The cost for Dadonov ended up being 3 yrs @ $5M AAV, which is the cost of TJ but with an extra year of term. If TB can retain enough of TJ's salary to compensate for what Poile wanted to pay for Dadonov, then I say that's a win for Poile. He'll be a great fit with the Preds that needs to backfill Bonino and Smith and what they hoped Turris would have been, and if it doesn't work, then they can expose TJ in the Seattle expansion draft and shed the contract.

An alternative would be that with $12m cap space, you might convince Poile to take the TJ contract with no retained salary in exchange for a draft pick or a prospect like ABB. TN, like FL, has no state income tax, has a great fanbase, and is a reasonable WC contender year in an out. Probably convince him to waive NTC for a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X