Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

Around the NHL 2020 Off-Season

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the NHL 2020 Off-Season

The Cup has been awarded to the good guys, and the off-season has begun. It's going to ramp up quickly, with the draft coming on October 6-7, and free agency beginning on October 9.

Darren Dreger is reporting that the Coyotes are working on potential trades for Oliver Ekman-Larsson with either Boston or Vancouver. Sounds like he's going to be moved pretty soon.

Originally posted by The Great Zo View Post
    The Cup has been awarded to the good guys, and the off-season has begun. It's going to ramp up quickly, with the draft coming on October 6-7, and free agency beginning on October 9.

Darren Dreger is reporting that the Coyotes are working on potential trades for Oliver Ekman-Larsson with either Boston or Vancouver. Sounds like he's going to be moved pretty soon.
    That was a heimlich-level contract he was given: 8 yrs @$8.25M..!!!! Krug was offered 6 yrs @ $6M i believe and has not pulled his trigger. Crazy money for ownership that LOST big money in this years run of play.
    "Who are white supremacists?" Proud Boys. "Well I tell the Proud Boys to stand back, and stand by"

Comment

I'm waiting to see what the Rangers are going to do with over $20 million in cap space.
      “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Ottawa has acquired D Josh Brown (RFA) from Florida in exchange for a 2020 4th round pick.

Comment

Vegas has introduced a third jersey.

It's gold.

Comment

I like it better than their main one.

Comment

Can the Lightning win back to back Stanley Cups...Yes! And that process starts now. Julian BriseBois and staff will again need to assemble the team to make the second run. Managing the flat cap certainly an issue but know JBB has a plan. Cap space needed to keep Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak. Money will also be needed to reform the D. Fortunately goalie situation is set. Who goes to create the cap space? Whose career is going in the wrong direction? Does Foote join the D this year and is he ready? Will Maroon stay? Will Shattenkirk resign?...he still gets $6.08M from Rangers next year. Does Stamkos need further surgery? Could McDonagh go back to Minnesota? Who are the real core of this team? Are the Russians united? One thing is for sure...Lightning know what it takes and how to play to win the Cup. Go Bolts!
              Bolts72

Comment

I missed this article when it published, but it's worth the read. ESPN did interviews with players to get their true assessment of the bubble life. The players were granted anonymity to speak freely.

NHL bubble confidential: Go inside the Toronto and Edmonton playoff hubs

Comment

Bettman disavowed it in what was not a good look, essentially calling the journalist a liar. Pretty dumb, I would have understood if he just said they tried their best and creating the bubble was difficult so they couldn't provide everything they promised.

Comment

There's nothing that outlandish in that story. Nothing that sounds implausible. We know the NHL was hemorrhaging money on the two bubbles. And we know from their results they were very strict about security. It only makes sense they scaled back on some of their promises accordingly.

I do think some of the accusations about competitive imbalance when it comes to access to food and amenities needs to be sussed out. It sounds like the Lightning's hotel in Toronto may have been the best one available and I'm sure Vinik gave them the best of everything, but I could totally see Montreal and the other blue blood, deep pocket teams getting special treatment. That also doesn't surprise me.
                    S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                      There's nothing that outlandish in that story. Nothing that sounds implausible. We know the NHL was hemorrhaging money on the two bubbles. And we know from their results they were very strict about security. It only makes sense they scaled back on some of their promises accordingly.

I do think some of the accusations about competitive imbalance when it comes to access to food and amenities needs to be sussed out. It sounds like the Lightning's hotel in Toronto may have been the best one available and I'm sure Vinik gave them the best of everything, but I could totally see Montreal and the other blue blood, deep pocket teams getting special treatment. That also doesn't surprise me.
                      I wonder if it has to do with the owners. Like fid the top owners shelll out more for their teams? Just interesting a team linked to less is florida, whos owner has openly stated he's cutting budgets.

Comment

Kings get Maatta.
                        The LA Kings have acquired defenseman Olli Maatta from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for forward Brad Morrison.

Comment

JackJohnson bought out by Pittsburgh
                          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

New/Old Flames uniforms

More of a "shuffling of the deck chairs" than anything totally new.

Comment

In two separate trades, the Sharks get two players from the Wild.

SJ gets: G Devan Dubnyk, 2022 7th round pick
                              MIN gets: 2022 5th round pick
                              (Minnesota retains 50% of Dubnyk's salary)

SJ gets: F Ryan Donato
                              MIN gets: 2021 3rd round pick

Comment

Working...
                              X