Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the new BP MB

I guess if you are seeing this announcement you have found your way to the new home of the BP message board. Drop either myself or sotnos a message if you see something awry. I think everything migrated OK, but there's probably something that slipped my attention.

A big thanks to those of you in the community who helped contribute financially to our upgrade. There's more to come with both the main prospect news site and mobile access to both these platforms.

This MB site has the latest mobile responsive interface, so please use your phone/tablet browser to enjoy mobile access to this site. We are working on BP Android and iOS apps with vBulletin for an even more custom and mobile access to the boards, but those are still being worked on. In the meantime, you should have a good experience from your mobile browser. Drop us note with any feedback or suggestions, or even better a post in the Janitor's Closet channel!

I'll provide more updates soon.

-- Timothy
See more
See less

Lightning Offseason 2020

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning Offseason 2020

I know most of us are not done celebrating the cup win, but the offseason is going to come fast and there is already some news to report.

Pierre LeBrun reported tonight on Insider Trading that the bolts hope to shed about $10 million in cap space to make room for the RFA's. He mentioned Gourde and Johnson, but of course added the caveat that they have full NTC's. He said that the player they may look to move might not be who we would expect and could be a surprise.

The only guy who makes $$$ who hasn't been consistently mentioned is Ryan McD
    If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Because cap likely to be flat for 2 more years Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak will take bridge contracts and probably home town Discount’s . Don’t think any of these 3 will get an offer sheet. Tyler Johnson likely gone but will have to be with a team needing to make minimum cap and needs draft picks. Next two weeks should be fun.
      Bolts72

Comment

Speculation is that Yzerman will offer sheet Sergachev.
        “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
          The only guy who makes $$$ who hasn't been consistently mentioned is Ryan McD
          And if none of them had NTC, he’s the one I’d trade. You have a replacement in Sergachev and he would fetch the most from a Montreal or Detroit.
          “Every man who has stepped foot on the moon launched from the Kennedy Space Center, in Florida. Yet, Florida has failed to figure out how to run an election properly — a task simpler than rocket science.”

Comment

Where did you read that Yzerman would offer sheet Sergachev?

I think that actually could happen, which is why JBB needs to make some moves before teams are allowed to do that. He has to trade Killorn and get one of these other guys to waive their NTC, and if he can't make room than he has to seriously consider trading Sergachev before another team snipes him.
            If no government system will guarantee a utopia, then our best choice is to look for the least exploitive one

Comment

Why would Sergachev sign it, anyhow?

Comment

I actually could see Montreal doing that with Cirelli to be honest. The bottom line is going to be if we want to keep all 4 with the cap not moving, we will need someone to waive a NTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek View Post
                  Why would Sergachev sign it, anyhow?
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$

And a chance to be a top 4

Comment

LeBrun had an article in the Athletic today. Really didn’t say much. Just these are the guys JBB would like to trade (TJ, Gourde, McDonagh) before losing the young talent, but then said he can’t see why any of them would waive.

He floated the idea that Kucherov could be traded before next week which would resolve the cap issues. So it would be Kucherov for the money to retain Sergachev, Cernak, and whatever the haul is trom the actual trade. But he didn’t see that happening either.

He said that maybe they could get Stamkos to waive. Said it’s crazy, but everything has to be on the table.

I’m anticipating one or two of the big 3 (Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak) being traded along with Killorn and Paquette by next week. I’m also expecting them to tell Shattenkirk that he needs to look elsewhere and to tell Schenn / Bogo / Rutta that unless they are willing to come back on a very friendly deal that they will not be re-signed. Why Coburn got a NTC on an over 35 deal is beyond me. They are also going to tell TJ that they are going to put him on waivers with the hope that he will waive to have some input on where he will go. The cost of the cup may be 2 number 1s, Foote and Sergachev.

If JBB is able to do better, I’ll be pleased.
                    Last edited by Donnie D; 09-30-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie D View Post

I’m anticipating one or two of the big 3 (Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak) being traded along with Killorn and Paquette by next week. I’m also expecting them to tell Shattenkirk that he needs to look elsewhere and to tell Schenn / Bogo / Rutta that unless they are willing to come back on a very friendly deal that they will not be re-signed. Why Coburn got a NTC on an over 35 deal is beyond me. The cost of the cup may be 2 number 1s, Foote and Sergachev.

If JBB is able to do better, I’ll be pleased.
                      I think I'm right there with you on trading the RFAs, but think you are wrong on the guy going. I think Cernak gets traded, and I think there is a possibility they trade off Cirelli (I'm feeling almost 50/50 chance on that one). My guess is Sergachev is last on the list depending on what kind of pay he is looking for. I also think there is a very real possibility that if he won't waive, they buy out TJ. He was 9th on the team these playoffs for ice time among forwards, and statistically was the 3rd worst forward on the team (Behind Volkov and Verhaeghe).

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                        I think I'm right there with you on trading the RFAs, but think you are wrong on the guy going. I think Cernak gets traded, and I think there is a possibility they trade off Cirelli (I'm feeling almost 50/50 chance on that one). My guess is Sergachev is last on the list depending on what kind of pay he is looking for. I also think there is a very real possibility that if he won't waive, they buy out TJ. He was 9th on the team these playoffs for ice time among forwards, and statistically was the 3rd worst forward on the team (Behind Volkov and Verhaeghe).
                        Cernak is a rock on the right side who should come much cheaper to sign and would get you much less in a trade, don't see them trading him. He's extremely valuable at his effective cost.

Let's be clear, any player they can get to waive their NTC is going to be the one they ship off. Starting with TJ

Comment

I'm so glad that TJ got his cup, more for 2015 than for 2020, but he earned it with everything he's done for this franchise.

With that said, hopefully he realizes it's time to move on. If everyone were healthy during this playoff run, he'd have been reduced to a 3rd/4th line role, one he isn't really suited for. If he wants to continue to be in a team's top 6, he'll do better to do so elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RSchmitz View Post
                            Cernak is a rock on the right side who should come much cheaper to sign and would get you much less in a trade, don't see them trading him. He's extremely valuable at his effective cost.

Let's be clear, any player they can get to waive their NTC is going to be the one they ship off. Starting with TJ
                            Honestly I think he is the easiest to replace of the 3. I guess my caveat should be I'm assuming all at equal contracts. If he is coming in much less than the other 2, that would change my thoughts. But if all things are equal and we can only keep 2, I keep the other 2 over him. Here's the other consideration. Obviously my preference is all 3 stay, and I don't want it to come off like I don't think Cernak has a ton of value, I just think the other 2 bring something more.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTHalO View Post
                              Honestly I think he is the easiest to replace of the 3. I guess my caveat should be I'm assuming all at equal contracts. If he is coming in much less than the other 2, that would change my thoughts. But if all things are equal and we can only keep 2, I keep the other 2 over him. Here's the other consideration. Obviously my preference is all 3 stay, and I don't want it to come off like I don't think Cernak has a ton of value, I just think the other 2 bring something more.
                              If they all came with the same longterm contract, yeah, I think you'd jettison Cernak first. It's just that, shutdown RHD are very rare. I mean, Selkie caliber centers and potential #1 D are too, but from a team needs basis, solidifying that RD has always been stiflingly difficult for us to do. I feel like the dynamic of the team has changed ever since Cernak stepped up into the top 4. The team got incredibly uncomfortable to play against inside the defensive zone, and now our entire blue line has an edge. To get that from a RHD so young and mobile, is something you have to figure out a way to hold onto.

Comment

Working...
                              X